Listing in the National Register
Listing in the National Register of Historic Places
When the town of the Ledyard purchased the sawmill in 1966, the building was vacant and sawmill had not been used for three decades. In the 1970s the sash sawmill was restored to operating condition, and the building was restored to the configuration similar to the mid-1800s.
The mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The listing (reference #72001332) is under the name "Main Sawmill" for the Main family who owned the mill from 1902 until it was sold to the town of Ledyard in 1966. The application for listing was submitted in 1972 after the initial restoration phase of the up-down sawmill was nearly complete. The nomination form and accompanying photographs are available on the National Register website.